Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grey Skies Can't Bother Me

This week was blustery here in Vegas.  We had a few storms pass right by us, and it made it nice and cold and windy.  Typical Spring for us.  Ick.  But, we've made it what we can.  The girls still go outside and play, but with their jackets on and tennis shoes.  Even that only lasts about 15 minutes.  I know, we're wimps now.  While it's dumping 20-30" of snow in the midwest, we're freezing our butts off in 50 degree weather.  

(Usually I woke up to a view like this - low clouds, raining or snowing over the mountains.  I loved this sight every morning.)

(Caylee, being cute, and loving her chocolate from Valentine's Day.  She is growing up so fast.  And becoming more tricky.  This week, it wasn't about scissors.  It was about putting Mommy's keys into the electrical socket to take the house for a test drive.  The bandaid on her finger?  Yup.  She got burned from the keys heating up.  I hope she learned her lesson.)

(I couldn't resist a little "Brother Bear" one morning when I walked out and found dew all over the cars.  Yeah, I'm THAT person.)

(I don't know how many more mornings the girls will have to wear coats to school.  We walk, or ride, with the girls next door.  All three have scooters and do figure eights as we walk to school.)

(Jocey took advantage of some arts and crafts on one blustery day, making this super cute mask.)

(Another day, she opted to just hang out on the couch with Bodie and snuggle for a while.  Bodie is getting pretty good and hanging out on the couch with us.)

(And this is how the evenings ended - a gorgeous pink and purple sunset on the clouds.  Absolutely lovely.  The only thing that would complete the picture are the majestic Wasatch Mountains.  Oh well, I'll take what I can get.)

(Bodie update: he is getting BIG!  Not quite the little ball of fur that we brought home almost 2 months ago.  Now, he goes running with Daddy every night and goes through 3 cups of food a day.  Holy crap, he's definitely teaching me things about having boys.)

No comments:

Post a Comment